Saturday, May 30, 2015

Celebrate Today Graduation Card

Our neighbor's grandson trims his grandparent's hedge and always does our side, too!  I used the vellum insert from his graduation invitation to personalize the balloon on a card for him. 











The school colors are gold and green -- the new 2015 - 2017 In Color Cucumber Crush green! 






Card Dimensions:
Crushed Curry = 5 /1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".
Cucumber Crush =  5 1/4" x 4", scrap for balloon.
Whisper White = 5" x 3 3/4", scrap for flags.

With the Balloon Framelits, I die cut a scrap of Cucumber Crush card stock and the vellum insert from the invitation.  Vellum is difficult to adhere without the adhesion showing through.  Stampin' Up!'s Crystal Effects (on page 156 of the 2015 Annual Catalog) works better than anything else I have tried.  Tip:  It is best to place the Crystal Effects in the most inconspicuous area.  Can you find it on my card?  Determine where you want your balloon and then stamp a streamer.  I used the retiring gold Metallic Encore Ink. I would have used Gold Sequin Trim on page 158 of the 2015 Annual Catalog if I had had it!  Adhere the balloon to the Whisper White card stock.

The Celebrate Today flags are carefully inked with Cucumber Crush and Mettalic Gold Encore inks.  Die cut them with the Big Shot.  I used a basic gray Stampin' Write Marker to draw the string. Adhere to the Whisper White card stock.  Tip:  Use liquid glue sparingly onto the "string" and tops of flags to allow the flag bottoms to look as if they are blowing in the wind.

The sentiment is from the B.Y.O.P. set and is stamped with Cucumber Crush ink.  Additional B.Y.O.P. sentiments worked well with the enclosed gift card for the inside.

Lightly sponge the edges of the Whisper White card stock with Crushed Curry ink. 

Adhere the three card stocks together. Whisper White onto Cucumber Crush, both onto Crushed Curry.

A few gold sequin stars left from the holidays added a bit of bling!  I hope the bling is not too much for a guy!  Leave me a comment and let me know if you would use the bling for a guy.

Change the colors for your school and you will have a card for your graduate.

Here is a list of the supplies I used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment