Thursday, July 30, 2015

Thank You...Merci...Grazie...Danke....and more




In my younger life I worked with high school youth from many different countries.  So, you can imagine my delight when I saw Stampin' Up!'s new A World of Thanks stamp in the 2015-2016 Annual catalog on page 15.  I had to have it!!!  Not to mention how easy would be to make a thank you card with just one big stamp.
Here is the first card I made using the stamp.




The card base is a 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4" piece of Basic Grey.  The background is a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Blackberry Bliss card stock.


I used the wood-mount stamp but it is also available in clear mount.  Ink the large stamp with Blackberry Bliss.  Remember when you use a large stamp, you want to tap the ink pad onto the rubber stamp, not the stamp onto the ink pad.  I hope that makes sense.  I used the Stamp-a-ma-Jig tool to stamp onto a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of  Whisper White card stock.  Yes, that is the same size as the Blackberry Bliss background.  What???  Well, here is a tip.  The stamp is large, it covers all of a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of card stock.  For easier placement, even with the Stamp-a-ma-Jig, I stamped it and then shaved off the edges closer to 3 3/4" x 5".  You need to cut to the very edge of the "t" and "y" on the left side and almost lop the top of the dot over the "i" and the top of the "t" in arigatou on the right to make it fit this card size.  Top and bottom are also trimmed, but, it is a more generous trim.

Another tip is to stamp on a sturdy surface like a kitchen counter or hard wood table.  Hold the stamp to the card stock for a few seconds and gently rub the entire back of the stamp to evenly and completely transfer the ink to the card stock. 

For the embellishment, I used two of the Flower Shop stamps on page 126 of the Annual catalog because they coordinate with the Pansy Punch, on page 167.  I was not in the mood to fussy cut.  Some days I am and some days I am not.  You could use any flowers, butterflies, dragonflies, or whatever suits your fancy.  Of course, I wanted to use butterflies; but, one must use variety!  Add your embellishment with Stampin' Dimensionals to make them pop.

Adhere the stamped Whisper White card stock to the Blackberry Bliss card stock and then both to the Basic Grey card base.  I like to use Tombow Multipurpose glue because it slides a little and makes it easier to get the pieces evenly placed.  As I heard a demonstrator once say, "It is really good for old people 'cause you can slide it around."  Love that gal!!!  Yes, I am "old people" and proud of it!   Try it even if you are "young people"!
I made the same card without the flowers and added silver ribbon with a bow along the left side.  If you use the ribbon, attach it behind the Blackberry Bliss card stock before you adhere it to the Basic Grey card base.  You can save on ribbon if you cut a length just a little longer than the card stock.  Use tape to adhere the ends to the back of the card stock before adhering to the card base.

Such a quick and easy card to make using many different color combinations.  Leave me a comment on which color combination you used.  

Here are the Stampin' Up! products I used to make this card.   Happy Stampin'!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment