Thursday, July 2, 2015

Dresses from Doilies!

Four different dresses for four different occasions - all made from a Stampin' Up! 4-inch doily.

When I saw a card on Pinterest using a 4-inch doily to make a dress, I just had to try it.  The doily folding directions are from Angie at paperpaws.blogspot.com. Thank you, Angie!

I had fun taking her folding directions and making a white dress with the doily from the package on page 148 of the Annual catalog.  I used Mint Macron card stock for the base and to back the "so sweet" greeting that is stamped on whisper white card stock. Card base and ribbon sash is the 2015 - 2017 In Color mint macron.  Basic Pearl Jewels adorn the sash and bodice with just the right bling - classy and feminine.

Then I added 8 drops of Pink Pirouette to half a spritzer of rubbing alcohol and dyed the doily before folding the pink dress.  The spritzer was easy to fill and use.  You get two of them when you order at my on-line store.  Card base and bodice backing is pink pirouette.  "Blinged" with Basic Pearl Jewels.

On a roll, I tried to use a piece of 2014 Trim the Tree Designer Series Paper for the skirt.  The DSP was a little too thick so I cut part of the folded back triangle before adhering the bodice of the dress.  I used more of the doily on the side of the card for accent.  Card base and ribbon are Cherry Cobbler.  A white iridescent snowflake from my stash is on the sash.

My fourth card was made with the Santa Maria Black and White Ball in mind. I used the white doily from the package and mounted the bodice onto Basic Black card stock.  The black ribbon from my stash has a Basic Rhinestone Jewels on the "tie".

I hope you enjoyed seeing these doily dresses.  The current items I used to make these cards are listed below.

Thanks for stopping by.  See you next time.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment