Friday, June 26, 2015

What do you do with all those circles you cut out for window cards? Let's use them!

When my class made the Blooming With Kindness sympathy card last month, we had the 3 inch whisper white circles we cut out in a pile headed for the trash.  I just could not throw them away so I grabbed the nearest stamp that would fit and started this card.  I colored the flowers with Daffodil Delight and the leaves and stems with Wild Wasabi Blendabilities.  I will try different stamps on the other circles and let you see them later.

This is tent card measures 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".
I still had that stash of 2010 retired card stock on my table so I used Handsome Hunter for the card base and the lighter Mellow Moss cut to 4" x 5 1/4".

The Whisper White circles I had were 3".  So I cut the Crushed Curry with the 3 1/4" and the Handsome Hunter with the 3 1/2" circles framelits.

The sentiment on a scrap of Whisper White is from the retired Fabulous Florets stamp set.  It is mounted on Crushed Curry card stock.  A piece of Crushed Curry Baker's Twine is threaded through a Crushed Curry button from a Sale-a-Bration ribbon and button set.  Then tied into a bow and adhered with a Mini Glue Dot.

And, I can hardly make a flower card without a butterfly so I stamped one from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set onto a scrap of Crushed Curry with  Early Espresso ink; used the Bitty Butterfly punch and adhered it with a Mini Glue Dot.  

If you do not have a hoarded stash of the 2010 card stock, use your favorite greens or another color. 

Current products used on this card may be seen below.  If you wish to purchase any of them, just click on the photo and you will be taken directly to my on-line store.  I appreciate your business.

Happy Stampin'.  Thanks for stopping by. 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment