Thursday, June 11, 2015

More Stampin' Up! videos!

Have you seen the new Stampin'Up! envelope paper?  It is gorgeous and so easy to make an envelope out of either neutral colored papers or 2015-2017 In Color papers seen on page 149 of the Annual catalog or at my on line store, here.  The envelope paper is thicker than Designer Series Paper and thinner than card stock.  It is just the right weight to make a quality envelope.  The paper is double sided so the inside of your envelope will be pretty, too.  The paper coordinates with the envelope punch board found on page 150 of the Annual catalog or at my on line store, here.


Here is a quick Stampin'Up! video to show how to color with a blender pen.  The artist is using A Happy Thing stamp set from the 2015 Sale-A-Bration catalog.  Notice that she colors the leaves from dark areas to light.


So what is the difference between watercoloring with a blender pen and an aqua pen?  Watch this video for an answer.


The control freak in me has difficulty working with an Aqua Painter to color within an outline, but I love to use it for backgrounds.  As the artist in the video said, the Blender Pen allows you more control over the ink.  Both Aqua Painters and Blender Pens can be seen on page 163 of the 2015 - 2016 Annual catalog, or here for aqua, and here for Blender Pens. 

I have picked up a few hints about painting within the lines using an Aqua Painter.  After I practice, I will share some tips with you.  Wow, I feel a whole series about watercoloring with ink coming on.  Check back next week to find out what I learn!  

No comments:

Post a Comment