Friday, June 26, 2015

So how did Stampin' Up! peeps color before Blendabilities came along?

One way is with Stampin' Write Markers and a blender pen.  I decided to practice using the retired People Like You stamp.  It was fun and I am pleased with the results.

I stamped onto a 3" x 4 3/4" piece of Crisp Cantaloupe card stock with Mementos Tuxedo Black ink.  This looked a bit plain so I grabbed the Crisp Cantaloupe and Calypso Coral markers and started coloring.  With hopes of adding a little shading, I tried the Blender Pen.  It moved some color but not much.  I colored the stamens with a Daffodil Delight and the stems with Pistachio Pudding markers.

Remember, I was coloring on regular card stock so I had to be careful not to over work the markers and blender pen.  Whew, it did not tear!

I stamped the sentiment portion of the stamp onto a scrap of Crisp Cantaloupe card stock with VersaMark ink and sprinkled it with black embossing powder.  Then I heat set, fussy cut it out and raised it with Stampin; Dimensionals.  I still love to watch the embossing powder melt.

The Pistachio Pudding card base is 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  The backing for the stamped card stock is a 3 1/4" x 5" piece of Basic Black.

I notched the top and bottom of the left side of the card to hold a piece of retired Crisp Cantaloupe Thick Baker's Twine.  A piece of the current Calypso Coral Thick Baker's Twine would look nice as a substitute. 

Once again, I was in a "use up the retired stock!" mood.  However, this card would look just as nice using Pear Pizzazz and Calypso Coral card stocks and inks.   And, how about the new Mint Macaron and Watermelon Wonder on Tip Top Taupe?  Try different color combinations!

See the new 2015-2017 In-Colors on page 137 of the Annual Catalog or see them in my on-line store here.

Leave me a comment of the color combinations you used.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment