Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Tin of Cards

I am having so much fun with my Tin of Cards kit as seen on the cover of the 2015-2016 Annual catalog!  I am making it for a Christmas gift for a friend.  You can see the kit on page 110 of the catalog or here.  The stamp set that coordinates with it is viewable here.

I have used the stamp set several times for different cards.  It is such a versatile set!  This is the best gift for that person who has everything, who is difficult to find a gift for, your favorite relative, or not so favorite relative - wow, did I say that????  When the next occasion comes along, you have it covered - you just make some more cards to refill the tin!!   I plan to make several of these Tin of Cards kits for friends and relatives.

 These are the cards in the kit.  There are supplies to make 4 of each card.  You will have extra of some of the embellishments that you can use on other projects.  The kit also has envelopes to go with each card.

Here are some tips that I learned while making my cards.

Use a snail or Fast Fuse to adhere the DSP and window sheets.  If you use a liquid glue, it is easy to get some on the window sheets and it is difficult to get off.  Ask me how I know!

I sponged the edges of all the butterflies and the sentiment on the flag.  The sponging made the butterflies look so much richer.  

For the Bermuda Bay blue card,  stamp the "+" strip from each end.  It does not quite meet in the middle, but, the center does not need to be added. The wooden sentiment completely covers the middle.  If the sentiment does not completely ink on the wooden element, use your Basic Black Stampin' Write marker to fill in any voids.   

On the gold striped card, be sure to use Stazon Ink, which is permanent, so that it will not smear.


No comments:

Post a Comment