Sunday, August 30, 2015

Yes, there is a Santa Claus!


Just look out this window and you will see Santa and his reindeer flying through the sky.

I can't get enough of this Happy Scenes Stamp Set and Hearth and Home Thinlits Dies Bundle.  You are going to want to get this bundle and save 15% over buying the dies and stamp set separately.  I am writing this on August 30 so it is available in just two days!  See my on-line store, to get your bundle.
You can get all your stamping supplies at the same link.  Thank you!

If you need a Holiday Catalog, leave me a comment below and I will be happy to send you one!

The tent card base is 11" X 4 1/4", scored at 5 1/2" Very Vanilla card stock.

The Home and Hearth window is die cut from a 3" x 3 1/4" piece of Very Vanilla card stock.

The 4" x 5 1/4" Night of Navy card stock is embossed with the retired Snowburst folder.  Decorative Dots and Lucky Stars in the current Annual Catalog on page 174 look nice with this design.

The outside scene is sponged on a 2 1/2" x 3" piece of  Whisper White card stock with Night of Navy at the top, Marina Mist in the middle and Tempting Turquoise at the bottom atop the hill.  You can mask  the hill with a piece of scrap paper or just be very careful when you sponge. I like to burnish all the night sky with a little Night of Navy at the end.

If you like the falling snowflakes, take an aqua pen, squeeze some water onto a paper towel to wet the brush, then flick the brush over the sky.  You may need to do this a couple of times to get the amount of falling snow you want.  Let dry completely!!

Use your embossing buddy on the dry sponged Whisper White piece.  My Santa is from the retired stamp set, Holiday Home.  The 2015 Holiday Catalog has a new Santa with reindeer in the Cozy Christmas stamp set on page 9.  Stamp Santa in the sky then stamp the trees from Happy Scenes Stamp Set with Versa Mark Ink.   Sprinkle with black embossing powder and heat set.  If using a mask for the hill, remove it before heat setting the embossing powder.

I dotted Dazzling Details on some of the branches of the trees and spread it over the hill to make glistening snow.  Set aside to dry completely.  

The sentiment from the Cozy Christmas Stamp Set is stamped with Night of Navy Classic Stampin' ink.
I rounded the corners with the corner punch before using Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the sentiment to the ribbon.  The bow is a piece of ribbon tied in a single knot. 

The ribbon is retired Pool Party ruffled ribbon from my extensive stash of retired ribbons!!!  Sorry, I need to use them as they are threatening to take over my crafting space!  Don't start with the "hoarder!" talk!!  Yes, I confess, I am a Stampin' Up! hoarder!  The current Pool Party or Marina Mist 1/4" cotton ribbon on page 159 of the Annual Catalog will work nicely.  The Pool Party color works well with the Dazzling Details I used over the blue sponging for the snow in the trees.

Thank you for spending part of your day on my blog.  I love ya' for it!

Clicking on any of the items below will take you directly to my on-line store.  Thank you in advance for choosing to order with me.  I have listed the substitute products I mentioned for the retired products.  Remember, even though I was able to add the products from the Holiday Catalog below, they are not available until September 1.  Guess who is staying up til midnight to order - the Hoarder!!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment